Sunday, June 8, 2008

Some Thoughts on Raising Girls...

Watching this video of Avery at the park gets me to thinking about a few things:

1. No matter how many times I tell her to go up the stairs and down the slide, there will always exist the temptation to do it her way.

2. Although I do not pride myself on raising "little rule breakers", there is some worth in teaching children to go against the grain, follow their own path, etc.

3. I feel a tremendous responsibility as a woman raising 2 future women to teach them to be strong in their spirits, minds, and bodies, and, at times, to be stubborn or strong minded.

4. And I have to admit that I do feel a small sense of pride in the fact that she can climb by herself even if it is in the "wrong" direction.

1 comment:

Lori said...

LOL! I agree on all 4 points and would've been proud too ;). She's too cute!